Tue, 09 Jun|
Online via zoom
ONLINE - Introduction to mindfulness
Curious about mindfulness, these 4 taster sessions will give you a fantastic introduction to both the theory and practice. Ideal for beginners.
Time & Location
09 Jun 2020, 19:00 – 20:00
Online via zoom
About the Event
This is a great 4 week introduction for those of you who are keen to find out a little more about mindfulness and how you can incorporate it into your daily life. Mindfulness is a unique experience and everyone should work at their own pace, however, these are some the universal benefits:
- becoming less reactive and being able to manage destructive emotions
- allowing your mind to become more settled and calm
- an overall sense of improved well being including kindness to self and others
- a less critical attitude towards yourself and others
- an opportunity to fully experience each moment of our lives
Julie is a warm and friendly teacher and will guide you step by step through the practices. The sessions are very informal and ideal for beginners or those who would like to understand some of the theory behind the practices. Look at the reviews on our website to hear from past customers.
This course starts on Tuesday 9th June and runs over 4 weeks on zoom. Tuesday evening from 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
Week 1 - Introduction & settling/calming our mind
Week 2 - Noticing sensations and focussing on the body to aid sleep.
Week 3 - The importance of kindness
Week 4 - Mindfulness in daily life and using sound as a support
Four week course beginning on 9th June at 7pm online via zoom.