Mon, 03 Oct|
Online via zoom combined with pre-recording
Take Control and Conquer Stress
Be one of the first to try our 6 week stress management approach.
Time & Location
03 Oct 2022, 19:00 – 19:45
Online via zoom combined with pre-recording
About the Event
When the chemicals of stress get too high, we can be left feeling agitated, tired, emotional and worn out. It becomes even more stressful trying to hold everything together. This 21 day course provides practical skills and training, really empowering you to take back control and break the cycle of stress. You will not find this unique approach anywhere else because we wrote it in response to experiencing stress for over 25 years.
For over 2 years we've been offering on line access to our 21 day stress management course. The feedback we've had is that some people prefer to talk through their experience as they work through the course. So we are trialling this new approach for the very first time.
Mind21 - Tackle stress and reclaim your well being
Mind21 influences how we respond to stress by introducing techniques that operate at a behavioural and neurological or habit level. Habits are powerful and whilst they start with taking a deliberate action, when we’ve taken the same action many times it strengthens connections in our brain and influences our automatic reactions. This is one of the principles of neuroscience which understands the brain as a muscle that is strengthened through our mental focus. Following our unique course Mind21 you will learn to:
- foster the habit of taking time out every day to prioritise your well being
- recognise the physical, emotional and cognitive experience of stress as it arises
- settle the nervous system to interrupt the cycle of stress, shortening your exposure
- identify the mental traits that prolong stress including the power of the self critic
- anchor the mind to break the engagement with destructive mental activity
- understand the emotional system and how self care can introduce balance challenge the language of self talk, taking a more compassionate approach to life experiences
- cultivate space in the mind for calmness and focus creating the dynamics to thrive again
- feel empowered to take back control
Mind21 consists of 21 modules each 30 minutes long that you access via the PC, tablet or App. The 30 minute modules are divided into a brief presentation and a guided practice of at least 20 minutes. Simply set aside some time in a comfortable space where you won’t be disturbed and press play. Modules are drip fed week by week and designed to be followed in order building your knowledge week by week.
When you complete the course there are a few little extras to support you. Beautiful Journeys for relaxation and a 21 day 10 minute meditation to kick start your day. You'll also be invited to enjoy one month's access to our Mindfulness Monday zoom session.
- Easy to Use
- Pre-recorded material - full control over where and when you learn.
- New App provides easy access.
- Lifetime access - you can revisit the course as many times as you need to.
- Easy to follow - press play and follow the 30 minute guidance.
- Motivational tips to help you get the most from the course.
- Quick access to guided practices through the content library.
- Lifetime Techniques
- Learning to recognise and interrup stress through behavioural changes whilst deepening neurological habits,
- Nurturing a self attitude that supports rather than undermines well being,
- Examining the dynamics of our experience to understand what contributes to stress.
Our Unbeatable Offer for September 2022 includes:
- An opportunity to join a small group of just 8 people to explore your experience of stress.
- 7 weekly sessions on either Monday or Thursday evening at 7pm.
- Lifetime access to Mind21 - our 21 day stress management course.
- Lifetime access to Challenge21 - our 10 minute daily meditation course with motivational tips.
- Lifetime access to Beautiful Journeys - a set of restorative practices to support well being and taking time out.
- One month's access to our Mindfulness Monday class on course completion.
- A free gift for signing up.
- Access to a private group for on-going support and discussions.
We have never offered our course in this way before but we want to work more closely with individuals to really undersand their experience of stress and to see how the course works in a group environment. This is the best way for us to develop Mind21 and ensure its the best experience possible.
Our trial offer price is £199.00 - £249.00 depending on when you book. This includes products and classes that sell individually for £627.00.
What our customers are saying..
Heather (NHS worker) I knew my stress was out of control but couldn't face joining a group. It took a couple of sessions to get into, but I'm so glad I did it. After a few days I started to notice my reactions to situations and to begin taking a step back.
James (I.T Tech Lead) I was really sceptical about the concept but I've been surprised by how effective it's been. The first week gave me techniques I could apply instantly. Although I found some of the practices difficult, I left the course able to tune into techniques that help me manage stress. I no longer feel like my stress is out of control. It's improved my sleep and overall I feel less on edge.
Jess (Pharmaceuticals Student) I absolutely loved the theory of the mind and found it so fascinating. I used the techniques to manage my day but also followed the practices when I felt overwhelmed. I don't think I could have got through exam season without it. Thank you Julie.
The Research There are many evidence based courses that deliver stress reduction through mindfulness, the challenge for Mind21 was how to create a program that could deliver effective results in 21 days. There was also a desire to provide a simple and attractive solution because when our lives are busy and we're stressed, we can't face the challenge of taking on one more thing.
As someone who’s experienced stress to the point of burnout and depression many times, I analysed my own mindfulness experience evaluating what had worked for me. The core take away for me was knowledge and attitude. Mindfulness is a gentle and supportive approach and often the kind tone of the guided practices offered an escape from the busyness and harshness of my own mind. I also observed that knowledge of how the mind and emotions work, motivated and empowered me to stick with the practice.To decide on the content I studied best of breed as part of a masters research program. This included market leading courses such as Google’s “Search Inside Yourself”; “The Mindful Way Through Depression”, Williams et al; “The Mindfulness Based Living Course”, the Mindfulness Association and “The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course”, Bangor University.
I looked for the common themes and practices that supported stress reduction and based the course on these.In common with many stress reduction courses, Mind21 begins by encouraging you to take that all important time out, just 30 minutes per day to follow a simple practice that promotes well being and introduces basic skills such as recognising stress, building focus and becoming familiar with the inner voice. The initial aim is to move out of that dominating head space so the topics that prompt analytical thinking are deliberately included later on. Towards the end of the course, the dynamics of worry and identity are introduced.
The knowledge and experiential practices are designed to equip you with the skills to interrupt the patterns of stress and change the dynamics of the self talk that also contributes to stress. The course was compiled as part of a masters degree research program and the results demonstrated that in 80% of cases subjects were able to develop techniques to manage stress within the first week with 100% of subjects able to implement the course techniques in week 2.
I would love to offer these techniques to you not just for 21 days but for the foreseeable future with our lifetime access.
Meet your instructor
After experiencing stress for over 20 years, Julie experienced the benefits of mindfulness first hand.Her unique exposure to the issues of stress meant that she was able to pinpoint the aspects of mindfulness that contributed to working with stress more effectively and now shares these techniques with you. One of the pain points is definitely time or our perception of trying to fit in one more thing. This is why the course is chunked into 30 minute modules each with a maximum of 10 minutes theory.
Julie has a masters degree in mindfulness from Aberdeen University; specialises in mindfulness based stress interruption and qualified to teach with the British Mindfulness Association. Julie also has diplomas in life coaching, NLP and a masters in I.T.
Early Booking Offer
Book Early for 20% off
Stress Management Course
Stress Management Course with online access to Mind21.